Monday, April 23, 2012

Chaos. Confusion. No Chronological Order Whatsoever - Novel Blog 4 (Slaughterhouse-Five)

"Listen: Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."

~ Slaughterhouse-Five, page 23

Prepare for my rant blog. *

Can we please read just one book or poem or short story or some other piece of literature that's chronological? Is it that hard to find a novel with literary merit that follows a secure timeline and progresses naturally? It's not even that the book is out of order that bothers me so much - I can handle that. It's the fact that you think you are reading something important and then you are completely thrown into a different time that is wholly unrelated. And let me tell you, it has been just peachy filling out my setting section of note taking. I'm just wondering if there is even a point to the order of the events or if they are random. Probably the latter. At this point in my senior year, I just want a simple, shallow book that takes a limited amount of brain cells to understand and analyze. Unfortunately, I don't think that's an option in this class....

*If you are a student reading this for our discussion class, just save yourself the trouble and skip this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment