Thursday, July 7, 2011

He's Just Not That Into You... (Chapter 13/ Pages 186-197)

" 'What is it?' she almost screamed.
  And as though awakened by her cry he caught her by the shoulders and shook her. 'Whore!' he shouted. 'Whore! Impudent strumpet!' "

~ Brave New World, page 194

Wow. I am very appalled, with the amount of censorship these days (especially in a Catholic school), that we were permitted to read this book. Don't get me wrong, I really like it so far, but this scene just surprised me. I knew John was strong in his religion, but I didn't realize he was that passionate about his faith. He is very invested in his morals. I don't personally know many guys who would resist a naked woman throwing herself at them, but I can think of some examples in literature and movies!




In Just Friends, Samantha (Anna Farris) repeatedly attacks Chris (Ryan Reynolds) even though he is in love with another woman.







In He's Just Not That Into You, Gigi (Ginnifer Goodwin) throws herself at Alex (Justin Long), who explains to her why men act like they do, because she thinks she is his "exception" - she's not.










In Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (yes, I am making a Twilight reference, and YES, I am ashamed!), Bella wants to have sex with Edward, but he denies her and runs away because he wants to be married first.

No comments:

Post a Comment